After Ramadan , which is a month we all stuff ourselves with
a LOT of food and most of Egyptians use to gain from 5 to 10 kg, Not me this
year, Thank god, but still I decided to adopt a healthier life style
This time is not only about a diet or going to gym, it’s
about feeling good and being able to distress while exploring different things
and places in beautiful Egypt. It’s a four months program that I’m not sure I
will follow, that aim I will feel and look better
My program is set to start Sunday 2nd September,
and in preparation for that I decided to go for a relaxing weekend and distress
Thursday – Sky Executive Resort
So Thursday morning when I was on my way to pick up my
friend, I found a Semeet guy walking in the street. I bought two, one for my
breakfast and the second to share it with my friend. Wait that’s not because I
eat a lot noooopppp, it actually has a meaning J;
sharing a Semeet Pastry with someone is a sign of LOVE in Egypt. All old
romantic movies always show this scene with 2 lovers walking along the river
Nile and eating Semeet… Since then, it’s a symbol of love (very weird but
actually really cute J)
![]() |
| Sharing a Semeet |
We usually find the semeet guy walking in the street, by the
Nile or walking between cars waiting for a green traffic light… Very local I
know
![]() |
| Semeet Guy |
I spent the rest of my afternoon in one of the most
exclusive places in Cairo. It’s an executive’s resort situated about 10km outside
of Cairo. The rumor says this place was made for our former dictator’s sons and
200 of their friends to spend their Friday morning but after revolution; it’s
open to the public, still very expensive though. The place is very modern, we swam
in one of the largest pools in Egypt, Sunbathed while reading a nice book and
had a light lunch while chitchatting with friends. If you are in Cairo and need
an escape from the city, definitely consider checking their website
![]() |
| The Heavenly pool |
Friday – SPA day
Relaxing the body is the first step to chill and here comes
the SPA J a
nice Moroccan Hamam, followed by a full body oil massage for an hour (The
vanilla scent as my favorite) and last, but definitely not least, a nice
summery colors manicure and pedicure as a perfect end for a mood lifting day…
the total cost for the day was around 800EGP which is around $125… definitely
great value for money especially if you add the best night sleep since my last
massage J
![]() |
| Crazy Colors J |
Saturday – Preparation and Family day
As I’m starting my program tomorrow, I had to prepare
myself. Running shoes, sports wear & Cooking books with calories count per
meal to help me track my nutrition. I’m starting insanity program tomorrow and to be honest I’m scared. My friends
have so much high expectations from me that I will be able to accomplish and I
doubt to be able to survive even the first week… I will definitely keep you
updated throughout the experience J
The Family part was a nice Sushi dinner outdoors enjoying
Cairo beautiful weather. Ah! And my dad lost some weight lately that his pants
fell down while he was walking in the middle of the restaurant… Embarrassing
but hilarious too, my dad was laughing like a small embarrassed baby, I just
hugged him J




No comments:
Post a Comment