Happy New Year to you all my special girls! I hope this year is a great one and brings each of us lots of happy moments, life-long memories and everything you all wish for!
I have just had a really great few weeks traveling through one of my most favourite parts of the world - South East Asia. The place is always so buzzy and surrounded by lots of smiley people. I always feel great there! And it was a pleasure to revisit some of my favourite hangouts in Bangkok, going to back to Siem Riep and discovering new places in Southern Laos that I have never been to before. Just shame that the time went so quickly. Too quickly to savour it enough.
This trip also reminded me again of how lucky we are and how much we have compared to such a big part of the world. The world we live in is safe, we have everything we need, the means to anything we want and still we find ourselves complaining for silly things.... (me being first to admit that)... yet there are still kids dying out there just because they have no clean food or water, dying of simple diseases, dying because the transport to the nearest hospital is too expensive for their families... dying because there are no hospitals anywhere near. And what do I do with my life? I work in market research on consumer goods products that are not even slightly going to benefit anyone. Ok... I am probably being a bit pessimistic or harsh... but these are the thoughts in my head at the moment.
Anyway, I had an amazing time, ate lots of good food, met nice people, had an intense romance with a young Mexican, shopped at markets, swam in rivers, cycled thru rice paddies, walked thru ancient ruins, laughed with funny locals, loved loved loved my time there.
As you know I also celebrated my 29th birthday (thank you all for the lovely messages and wishes!!!). I must admit I have not been taking this very lightly. It has really been scaring me. I am not ready to finish my 20s. I am not ready to enter my 30s. I am not ready to be a grown up. I am not ready to stop moving, exploring and being free and careless and not sensible. It is literally freaking me out. And since being back I have been thinking to do another move this year. To travel for an extended time again. So let's see what this year has to offer. But I guess I need to make some decisions. Things don't just happen by itself.
One thing is for sure though, come May and the end of my 18 month at my work here... I will be ready to go. I have given and spent enough energy in a job I really do not like. I think it is time to think of other options. But I foresee this not being an easy decision to make...
Ok, I feel I have been very philosophical today. So I should really stop writing and post some pics from my trip...
Breakfast time....
The magical Angkor Wat...
The always smiley and playful kids....
Out of this world colours....
And a bit of party time....
There's so much more I want to write and tell you... but it is already 1am and I have agreed to go on a coastal hike and then some beach time with my friends tomorrow - meetup time is 9am in the city which means I have to be out of bed by 7 latest! On a saturday morning!
Keep on writing girls, I really love reading your news! Cle, I really enjoyed reading your post and seeing all the photos, it makes me feel I am still part of your lives despite the distance by seeing pics and hearing your life stories.
I will write again soon with everything else I want to tell you... but for now I really need some sleep so will sign off here and post what I have written so far.
Night night busy girls xxx
H

I looooooved reading your post!
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel, I think I felt very similar when I turned 29...but don't worry, you might be 30 and still feel like a little girl.
Who says that you have to stop growing at 30? Considering that we now live until 80ish, we have SO much time ahead ;)
And, lovely pics! You look beautiful!
xx
C
The sunset picture is so gorgeous!
ReplyDelete