Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's 2012

And I don't think our dream to go to the Olympic games while pregnant will come true...all the same, I think this is going to be a GREAT year :) so....

Happy New Year!!! 
to all my Busy Girls :)

Before I give you an update on my life:

Happy Birthday Tas and Helena!! 
Hope you both had AMAZING celebrations and wish you a wonderful wonderful time ahead :)

....can't wait to read some updates...and more about some Mexican flirt....

Bella, I was so excited to read your post, I think I read it at least three times :) Beril, XX and MAP, get typing ;)

I know, I know, I haven't been that good myself either. But here I am!

I am so glad that (I guess) all of you got my special Christmas card! With all the travelling, this year I had a very limited budget for Christmas gifts, so I thought that would be a nice idea. I just forgot to print one for myself...

I just realized that my last post is from before Thanksgiving and St John! So, here is a quick update:

1. Thanksgiving - OMG I ate so much, and I actually never stopped, until now at least, and I am going on a diet now, especially after the trip to New Orleans! Anyway, Thanksgiving was nice, we went to Bernard's sister's place, she really cooked some amazing food, and everyone was very nice and friendly.

2. St John was so cool!! It was soooo nice, I never want to get back when I'm there!

Paradise

Trying to get tanned....

Hello beach!

Ouch...who gets sunburned there????

aaaaahhhhh.....

and us!


Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!!! You wait so long for Christmas, and then it goes by soooooo quickly!

We spent a few days at Bernard's parents' house, eating, eating and yes, some more eating. I also had the opportunity to meet a lot of his relatives, which was nice, although tiring: smile, smile, smile to everyone! Really, I was glad it was over in the end :)

Christmas lights in New York

The Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Plaza

Bernard's gift was indeed a watch! I knew it :) 
At granpa' and granma' house...wow so many gifts!!

Bernard's nephew: isn't he cute!

hmm...

Before Christmas though I had a rather shocking news: Lara has resigned and will leave sometime in February, going back to London and to TNS Tech!!!

Not a massive surprise, because I really don't think she really liked here. She wants to get back with her ex-boyfriend, which I think is number one reason. On top of that, the job wasn't what she expected it to be. So, she is going back.
I guess it makes sense for her, but I don't think she timed it that well professionally. 2012 could be a great year for us, and she's going to miss all of that to go back to TNS as an upper level Managing Consultant!

Anyway, it's very strange to think she's not going to be here in the office anymore...like the end of an era. And I am also a little worried about what's going to happen to me.
I have started talking to Paul and his boss about what will happen to me and the team...I will know more next week and then I will update you!

As Claire (my roommate) always says, it is what it is!
And, as I always say, we have to wait and see!

Now, the last part of my update: New Year's Eve!

New Orleans was GREAT, or I should say, Louisiana was GREAT!

We drove around, saw some old plantations...


were the only guests at an old bed & breakfast...




 ate A LOT of food....



and more food....



...I have sooooo many pictures of food it's ridiculous!!



(OK, enough with the food!)

had a blast in New Orleans on NYE....


and although we probably drank a little too much...

at the beginning of the night.... 
sometime towards the end of the night

we survived drinking, dancing, walking around the city in heels and even a quick visit to one of the many strip clubs in town! Yey! 
You all know I am not a big drinker, and I was concerned about how the night might evolve...Bernard kept saying to our friends: "let's make sure she actually gets to 2012!
So I think I did pretty well....and the next day my hangover wasn't even THAT bad ;)

Y'all take care (trying a bit of a Southern accent there...)
& hope to read your posts soon!

Love
xx
C

1 comment:

  1. Lovely lovely post Cle!! Thanks for sharing all that!
    And I got so hungry just looking at all those food pics! Yum!

    ReplyDelete