Sunday, November 6, 2011

So sad to see

That no one has posted anything in a while :(
Girls!!!

My parents left two days ago and I am still very sad they are gone. I think I got used to having them around, also because I don't remember the last time we spent this much time together!
When I go home it's totally different, with friends and family around, while these two weeks were really quality time for us.
Seeing them go was really tough and it's taking me time to get over it. I think I also feel a little guilty for living so far away and spending so little time with them. But I guess at least I appreciate them more? I'm sure you understand how I feel.

Anyway, we had two great weeks. We did a lot of the typical things turists do in NY - Empire State Building, boat tour to the Statue of Liberty, Time Square and a walk in Central Park + rowing in the lake followed by lunch at the Boathouse...oh and yes, lots of eating out!

My parents on the Brooklyn Bridge


They of course met Bernard :) my mum liked him a lot, so much that she started planning my wedding (sic!) Communication was hard of course, I had to translate everything, and Bernard got bored a little at times, but I think overall went very well :)
We spent the weekend away, just the four of us, drove around Long Island, did some sightseeing, drunk some wine in local vineyards...we had a nice time!

Now it's back to work :(

We have a big RIM presentation coming up, so I am super busy on that. Lara ended up having to do all of the reports for Apple because of that (and because I took time off when my parents where here), she wasn't very happy, but hey!

I can't wait for that to be over, and then it will be Thanksgiving.....more time off, yey! And then it's Christmas....can't believe the year is almost over!!!!

Today we watched the marathon, and now American Football....kind of boring...buys and sports!

Love,
C





1 comment:

  1. Yes sad that none has posted in a while! I guess sometimes things are just a little crazy. I’ve had a crazy few weeks… I will probably post tonight though. I am taking an evening out and spending it with myself.
    I know exactly how you feel about your parents Cle! It is sad to be so far away and I know what you mean about the guilt thing. But… you also need to remember that you need to be happy too so if where you are now is making you happy then that is the most important thing. Surely your parents are happy for you if you are happy.
    Anyway… back to my scriptchecking now. Joy.
    xx

    ReplyDelete