Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How to give yourself a headache

Well, well, well! Pleased to see everyone's contribution on our blog's very first day of life. It's incredibly entertaining to read your stories plus pictures - I wouldn't call myself 'Miss Innovation', so not sure what happened there, but I do feel very proud for coming up with this idea.

So much was the excitement last night that I really struggled falling asleep. I kept thinking about things to write on the blog, how it will look like in ten years time, how our lives will look like in ten years time (and so on, at this point, the sky is the limit).

Since I got my CrackBerry (I just love calling it that, I so have a love/hate relationship with my phone, so sad) the VERY first thing I do when I wake up (and I can barely see) is check all new emails/bbm messages/sms/fb messages and notifications I have, (including work stuff too...) and (yey) I was super excited to read Bella's post.

Then my mood went a little to the basement - another day of copy/paste, something I will very soon have a PhD on, was awaiting me (Helena I feel your pain).
When that happens, finding the right outfit for the day gives me a little more motivation to leave my apartment, and Beril, I might start sending you pics too! Bring on the fashion consultations!

Most of the time I wake up and I know what kind of girl I want to dress like - glam, hipster, casual chic....but then finding the right things in my closet is another story. I am no Carrie Bradshaw here, so my resources are limited.
Anyway, last night I watched a photographer's take on the Fashion Shows in Milan, London and New York off-catwalk style, so what the ladies going to the shows were wearing. Super cool, if you want to check it out Tommy Ton on Style.com, I just loved it, lot's of colors, prints AND jewellery, lots of jewellery.
So of course that's what I wanted to do when I woke up this morning. Put on lots of jewellery! I ended up wearing three different necklaces on a lace top, which looked cool, but not the lightest choice.

I don't have a pic of my outfit, but here is the selection (I cut down on the bangles because I can't type when I wear too many).

Not a very exciting story I am know, but honestly this was how eventful my day was (excluding reading your posts).

Oh no, wait, I did something else today: while copy/pasting (multitasking hey) I listened obsessively to the same song for five hours, but that's another story.

Tas, thanks for sharing the name of the movie, I will make sure I don't pick that next time I want to watch something light.
Thinking about this, a movie that made me cry a lot a few years ago was a Bollywood movie called Devdas.
In a nutshell: they are in love, he rejects her because his family wants him to, she marries someone else, he drinks himself to death because he's lost her forever. He dies on her doorstep just as she runs to him while the gate of her big house are closing. That missed moment, to say goodbye for the last time, always made me cry for hours. Also, this is Bollywood, high drama.
But then, at the same time, what a loser! All he had to do was to be with her and this would have been a happy ending. Men are weird, I agree.

Ok, I have written a lot of non-sense, I shall stop and go to sleep. I hope you don't mind reading it.

Good night busy girls!
xx
C

2 comments:

  1. Phewwww... At least I am not the only crazy one listening to the same song over and over again while charting too.... maybe my brain has become like the one of a goldfish after all this mindless work. Maybe we should just claim a honorary PhD in copy paste?
    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing wrong in listening to the same track over and over again. I do that all the time .... it helps to focus.

    Beril

    ReplyDelete